Tuesday 9 November 2010

Mosiac Workshop Weekend



Over the last two Saturdays, together with my mum, I've completed a two day workshop on Mosiac.

I didn't expect much from it, but I was very much looking forward to spending some quality and creating time with my mum. I can't even remember the last time we had time together without anyone else around, so to have a few hours sitting side by side meant alot to me :)

Being our first time we were asked to make a simple plaque.
I decided upon a flower design as I knew my girls would like it, even if I didn't like the end result.

My favourite part of the whole process was cutting the glass and mirror, and placing the pieces around, much like working on a jigsaw puzzle.
I must say after grouting and polishing I'm quite happy with how it's turned out.
What do you think?

1 comment:

admin said...

well done!! It is gorgeous :) I bet your girls do love it! how nice to be able to do that with your Mum :)

My Second Etsy Shop - koot

koot's Stockists

Partee Petite
4 Sale Street
Eumundi
QLD 4562

Pelican's Belly
Shop 1099
619 Westfield Doncaster
Doncaster
VIC 3108

Retrospections
498a Miller Street
Cammeray
NSW 2062