Thursday 19 June 2008

Thankyou to The Alfred Hospital


What a rollercoaster ride my family and I have been on in the past few months.
It's safe to say my husband is well and recovering at home.
He had an AVM that needed attention right away, two neurosurgeries were planned and he went through these one after the other in late May.

How do you say thankyou to the surgeons, doctors, ICU nurses and all the nurses in the Neurosurgery ward plus all the other hospital staff at The Alfred Hospital. I mean you can say "thankyou" but it just doesn't seem enough when they have basically saved my husbands life.
Without these surgeries my husband would not be around, and now he's recovering at home and doesn't have any neurological problems or mobilty or speech problems....it's a miracle, really!

My two little girls and I can now enjoy the rest of our lives with a wonderful man, husband, dad, friend, brother and son.

I also want to be able to give back, I know that the blood bank comes to town every quarter, so, donating blood as often as I can will be a good start.

Thankyou to our wonderful family and loyal friends who have been an amazing, loving support.

Thankyou again to Dr Peter Hwang and all the surgeons, doctors, nurses and other staff at The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne - words aren't enough to describe how we are all feeling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mich, I'm so happy to hear of the wonderful outcome for your husband, you've been in my thoughts constantly.

Crafty Mama said...

I'm glad your husband is home and resting. It's wonderful that you want to give back.

Denise said...

Hi Michelle. It must be such a relief that it's all behind you.
Wishing your family all the very best for the future.

My Second Etsy Shop - koot

koot's Stockists

Partee Petite
4 Sale Street
Eumundi
QLD 4562

Pelican's Belly
Shop 1099
619 Westfield Doncaster
Doncaster
VIC 3108

Retrospections
498a Miller Street
Cammeray
NSW 2062